What's new

A few DVD player questions (1 Viewer)

Nathan Bjork

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

Im looking for a new DVD player to replace a DVD-VCR combo I got a while back, I have about $180 to spend on a DVD player that might double as a CD player.

Which brings me to my first question. Should I get a multi-disc DVD player and use it as my CD player also? Will the DVD player sound any better or worste than a CD player? My DVD-VCR I have now sounds good but it takes like 30 seconds for the CD to start playing in the DVD player, that annoys my alot and I was wondering if all DVD players are like that.

Now about the direct 5.1 inputs and the optical. Should I shop for a DVD player that has a decoder with 5.1 outputs? Right now im using and optical cable, so does the direct input really make a noticable differnce, enough for me to pay extra for? I have a H/K AVR 230 and JBL S series 5.1 speaker setup.

-Thanks-

Nathan

Adam.Heckman

Second Unit
Searching for this topic is a big help, there's been so many threads about this... but:

My suggestion is the Pioneer 563a. It's great on DVDs along with ALL the audio you could want. You'll be hard pressed to find a player in the price range that displays better video, and you get the added bonus of SACD and DVD-a. You can spend the extra 30 on cables, dvds, beer, whatever.
If this doesn't interest you, save 30 extra and look at the Denon DVD910. It's got a much much more advanced de-interlacing chip.

Anyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks