What's new

A Ferris Bueller fan jacket? (1 Viewer)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Flying back home from the San Francisco airport yesterday, I saw someone sitting in the terminal with a jacket that said "Abe Froman" across the shoulders on the back. It had some other logo on the back that I couldn't quite make out, and I didn't see much of anything on the front. I was going to say to the guy wearing it, "Abe Froman? The Sausage King of Chicago?" but he was very young, maybe 16 or 17 at the most, so he might have missed the reference and reported me to the airport security. I wonder, though, what was that jacket all about?

On a related note, the head stewardess on my flight out to SF must not be too connected to pop culture. She announced the in-flight movie as "Anchorman, starring Will Ferris."

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Hmm, that might be it. I have to imagine that the name is a reference to the movie, although nothing on that website indicates it directly.

Like with the band Save Ferris, that started in the '90s, I wonder how many of their fans have any idea what their name refers to. Although the fact that they started almost 10 years ago makes it more likely that their fan base over the years understands the reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks