What's new

A&E's Live by Request series (1 Viewer)

LCD22

Screenwriter
This is probably a music rights issue that will never get resolved, but does anyone know if there are plans to bring the sought-after Phil Collins special? I would love to finally see an official release. I wish they release more of these to DVD. Thanks.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
Man, I would love to see A&E release these specials. There are quite a few that I also enjoyed. Peter Gabriel, Don Henley ... I don't think it's so much of a music rights issue, since it would be considered a music concert DVD release. I think it would involve each studio associated with that artist or group.

But, I wouldn't hold my breath. I doubt these special A&E concerts will ever be released to DVD because you're talking separate releases for each concert and that be cost prohibitive unless they secured the rights with the artists for each release.

Come to think of it, I think they would need just set a contract for each release with the artist. I don't think it has anything to do with the studio.

Matter of Fact, do a Google search with the phrase "will A&E's live by request ever be released to DVD" you'll get quite as few hits but the search parameters do list a few of those concerts which were released to DVD. I would check out A&E's website store as well as they might even have them available. I do know that A&E does sell copies of their show's programming after the concert or series has ended.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I didn't see "Live by Request" listed on A&E's online store. I searched Google and noticed a couple of the specials that have been commercially released, are now unavailable.

David Levine

Supporting Actor

There seems to be a popular misconception that Shout! is owned by Sony.

I believe they are a privately owned company that was at one time distributed by Sony. But they are currently distributed by Vivendi.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I don't know why I wrote that. I knew it is now Vivendi.

You are correct that Sony used to distribute for Shout. Sony Music Entertainment is listed on the back of the out-of-print Jamie Oliver: Oliver's Twist DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mat1
Recent bookmarks