A&E 's Live By Request: Hall and Oates

Discussion in 'Music' started by Danny Tse, Mar 24, 2003.

1. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

I just listened to the TV audio as I surfed the web. Man, these guys still sound great after all these years. I am just waiting for either a DVD of this concert or perhaps Hall and Oates on high-res....

Anyone saw the show?

2. Danny Spencer

Danny Spencer Auditioning

I caught about two thirds of the show. It was quite good, and the acoustic set was a refreshing change to some of their tunes.
    Danny

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Danny,

I like the acoustic treatment to their songs as well. You know it's a good song once all the electronic "sweeteners" are stripped away. Even their new songs are quite good. I saw one of their Japanese concerts on PBS a couple of years back during PBS' pledge drive....awesome!! The audience was completely into it.

4. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Well, the A&E Live By Request concert is now out on DVD. I was browsing at Tower Records when I came upon it. It was on sale for only $14.99. Only when I got home did I realized that the DVD also comes with redbook CD of the concert as well. [​IMG]

Just watch the whole concert....excellent show. Almost all the hits are there. And like I said above, the new songs are great as well. The unplugged version of "Out of Touch" and "Say It Isn't So" are amazing. Highly recommended!!