What's new

A&E/New Video's ITC TV show releases (1 Viewer)

James Landau

Stunt Coordinator
The following is my reply to a couple questions that originated in the ALF - Lion's Gate is FOS thread. My response grew quite lengthy and it might generate additional discussion about A&E's various ITC TV show releases. I don't want to chance hijacking that thread so I thought it best to split my reply off into a new one. If you want to discuss anything related to A&E, various ITC TV series, or similar "cult" series like The Avengers please feel free to post it here. If you want to read the original thread that lead to the following response, you can find it here.

Actually, Gord, quite a bit of the ITC catalog remains to be released. They still have quite a way to go before finishing The Saint. There are also many series that they haven't touched yet. Some of the better known are Return of the Saint, Man in a Suitcase, Department S, Jason King and The Baron. All of these have already been or soon will be released in Australia by Umbrella Entertainment.

There are also quite a number of lesser known series remaining. Among them: Shillingbury Tales, Gideon's Way, Interpol Calling, Man of the World, The Four Just Men, Ghost Squad, Court Martial, Shirley's World and a few more Gerry Anderson series such as Torchy the Battery Boy and Four Feather Falls. While A&E probably never had any intention of releasing these lesser known shows, Network Video has recently licensed them and plans for a UK release. (Actually, the press release mentions that Network licensed more than 250 series from the ITC catalog--so it's huge!)

Finally, latest word is that Granada (the new owner after they and Carlton Int'l merged) is currently doing an extensive high definition remaster of Space: 1999 year one just in time for the series' 30th anniversary. This will be released in Australia and the UK by Umbrella Entertainment and Network Video respectively. Those of us in North America are out of luck. A&E initially showed some interest but opted out.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
James, very interesting and informative reading. Thank you!!

Steve

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
So that is why they were clearancing Space 1999. Ag, I suppose it does not matter much they look fine enough as they are and I don't think I would double dip it.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
A friend of mine thought A&E might be remaindering the 2 disc sets of the shows they have and just keeping with the mega-box sets. I think he got some Thunderbirds volumes for under $10, but the box set was not any cheaper than on release.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Man, I'm really hoping we'll see the release of Brian Clemens' Thriller, I was really looking forward to it. Would be such an incredible waste to involve him, then only to keep it on the shelves. Couldn't they somehow let New Video take over, I know of many TV fans waiting for this title in particular. :crazy:

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Yes, I have it but want the R1 too because of the new Clemens stuff, and it just happens to be a great show worth shelling out for again. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks