What's new

A dream system within reason (1 Viewer)

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Here's my dream system that will probably be obtainable within the next couple of years. This is by no means top of the line stuff, but quality products that won't force me to sell my kidney on the black market.

Receiver: Outlaw 950. I think Outlaw is gonna come through big time. After all the delays I think you can expect a quality product. They could have just put it out with flaws, but they are taking the time to get it right the first time around. I feel sorry for everyone who sold their gear in anticipation of imminent arrival.

Amp: Possibly the Outlaw 770. I haven't done much research on amps so basically anything within reason.

Speakers: Polk LSi series or Swan Divas. I am a Polkie, but the Swan Divas just look so damn nice. I'd have to put them head to head to get a clear winner.

DVD Player: Panasonic RP91 or the Malata player. I'd have to weigh how heavily I need a region free player.

TV: Not sure, but I do like Toshibas. I'd definitely get a 16X9 HDTV. Hopefully in the next two years the prices will come down for HDTVs.

I think this would be an awesome system for years to come. This is just wishfull thinking right now, but I believe this is a definitely obtainable system for anyone. Just thought I'd share my wishlist.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Nothing against Toshiba, but I'd check out other brands of TV as well. I also noticed you didn't mention a sub. Is this an oversight? By the way, you sound like you are putting together a pretty incredible sounding system. I like Polks too, but those Swans aesthetically are a work of art.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I completed my dream system a couple of months ago. I don't know if it's within what you'd call, reason, but here it is.

(3) Front - M&K S-5000THX

(3) Rear/Sides - M&K SS-500THX

(2) Sub - M&K MX-5000II THX

(2) Amps - Proceed HPA3

(1) Pre/Pro - Proceed AVP

(1) DVD - Panasonic RP-91

(1) TV - Pioneer Elite PRO-720HD

(1) Surge Protector/Conditioner - Power Wedge Ultra 116

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
is it wise to use cheaper receiver with an amplifier? i mean, i dont want more expensive receiver with stupid expensive remote control that i dont need.

my dream system:

RPTV

Toshiba 53HX71$2400

DVD Player

Panasonic RP91$ 460

Receiver

Denon AVR2802$ 600 / 750 / 830

Amplifier

Outlaw Model 750$1125

Subwoofer

SVS CS-Ultra + Amp$1400 + 200

Speakers

Main Boston VR965$1000

Center Boston VR910$ 350

Surround Boston VRM50$ 700

Rear Center Boston CRC$ 200

TOTAL$ 2450 (+ Tax 8.75% )

Cables

12G Monster

Optical TOSLINK

Subwoofer RCA

Component VideoTOTAL$ 183

GRAND TOTAL Around 9048

DanaA

Screenwriter
Felix,

Out of curiosity, how does the Outlaw amp sound hooked up to the Denon? Are you using it for 5 channels?

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
mwahahahahaahh

it was only my dreamsystem! but yea i want 5 channel amplification. as far as i know 2802 supports 5 channels pre amp or whatever the term is.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Oh, and one more suggestion for Allen. You ARE putting together one fine system. Don't buy anything on impulse. Spend your time and enjoy the process - especially as pertains to the speakers. Don't be like me a couple of times when I bought something without due deliberation and ended up wishing I had waited for something I saw later.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Allen, Iv hear so much about the divas, how do they sound ? For me theres no place to demo. DanaA hit the nail on the head, impulse buys equal ebay sales:) In a perfect world I think the speakers should be demoed and purchased first, hard to re-sale and weight is a problem plus there value is generally about half of retail. Amp is critical too, should be a good "match" for speakers. Processors will always change and you will eventually have to sell it anyways. Subs are a VERY big part of hometheater, and dont even bother to demo because the SVS subs are for real..Everything else comes and goes anyway...thanks

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
I just put together my first HT not too long ago but am planning an upgrade in the next year or two. Man I must be sick in the head lol. I haven't demoed any of this stuff, this is just a dream list. I of course would demo all of it before I bought it. I just listed the stuff I am interested in and have heard good stuff about. The Polks and Swans look like the best bang for your buck speakers and they look awesome to boot. I have a Toshiba right now and I like it a lot. I would again demo anything before I buy. I think it's fun to put together dream lists though lol.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Toshiba's are an excellant price to performance ratio tv's. They should be considered along with mitsubishi, Hitachi, sony and pioneer. The Pioneere elite would be my favorite choice, but is pricey. Widescreen is definatly the way to go. My dream system is pretty much set except for a true pre-pro. I would LOVE to be able to afford something like Krell, MC-12 etc., but alas this will never be a reality unless I hit the lotto, but if I did that, then all my other so called dream equipment would no longer be adequate:)

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Terrell...your system sounds like it would be great!! When can I come over for the demo??? :)
My dream system doesn't exist...because I can't wait to upgrade every purchase I make!
Let's see...add a second SVS CSU...get one of those yet to be released Pioneer Elite DVD-A / SACD players...add a few amps...get the yet to be released HD / PVR Satellite receiver from Dishnetwork...and on, and on...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks