What's new

A Day Without Television (1 Viewer)

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
My daughter's Kindergarten class is doing this activity with a monthly fitness calendar where they are asked to do one of a list of healthy things each day of the month. One of them was to go a day without television, a horrible experiment which we performed on ourselves yesterday.
Just so you know, I did go through some French Connection II-level withdrawal agony, but we are alive and well, I have read 50 pages of some old technology called a "book", and I must have talked for an hour with my wife that evening. Interestingly, I noticed that she has blue-green eyes and her middle name is apparently "Patricia".
Well, thank goodness that is behind us, now. Pass the popcorn!
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA
[Edited last by Ken_McAlinden on October 22, 2001 at 08:30 AM]

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Gee, what a concept! :) Yesterday I went out for a Fall Folliage tour which lasted from like 8am to til 3pm. Gorgeous day out there yesterday, warm and sunny and the leaves are all a-changing. Came back and spent the rest of the afternoon reading The Lord of the Rings which I'm hurrying to finish before the movie comes out. Although I did actually turn on the tube at around 9pm to catch up on some Junkyard Wars that I recorded and then some news and sports at 10pm. It was a good day around here for a day without TV if one was planning on not using it...
Jay
------------------
HUGBEES!
Certified HTF bike nut and mayor of
Obscuria.

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
A day without Television, I could do that ...
" CHA RIGHT ! and monkeys might fly out of my butt "
- Wayne Campbell
Wayne's World

Liam S

Stunt Coordinator
Since I don't have a TV, that's easy. But I'd never be able to do no computer for a day.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
A whole day without tv? Shoot, I can go days without watching tv! There just isn't that much on tv that I like (aside from the occasional documentary or old movie on AMC). Of course, it helps that I work six nights a week... :)
------------------
My top ten movies that need to be on dvd:
1. Akira Kurosawa's Dreams 2. Freaks 3. Men With Guns 4. The Ninth Configuration 5. The Reflecting Skin 6. Santa Sangre 7. Treasure of the Sierra Madre 8. Voyager 9. White Heat 10. Wings of Desire

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Yeah, I probably went weeks over the summer without watching television. All I currently watch regularly are Buffy and Angel, though I can add Big Wolf On Campus to the list again this weekend... Not watching DVDs would be tougher, but I think I've watched all of two discs in the past two weeks.
------------------
My DVD list | My personal site

Liam S

Stunt Coordinator
You don't have a TV, How do you do it ?
Yup, I'm a college student and I have a single, and no TV cause I'm too cheap to buy one. Once in a while I'll be in someone else's room and end up watching some TV. You get used to it. At least I have my computer for watching DVDs.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I almost never watch TV, just movies... now a day without my trusty computer... that would be bad.
------------------
robpic2.jpg

My DVD Collection/ AIM: roblutter/ email:[email protected]
"Why, that's the biggest Kahn since Genghis" -Sealab 2021

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Ha, I've gone for MONTHS without watching any TV- I can't watch anything with the onscreen network logos, and even on the few shows left without them the commercials are still annoying. The most TV I've watched this decade was the 9/11 coverage, which I heard about first on the radio. (I turned the TV on hoping to see pictures, though most of them had some sort of on-screen crap on them.)
I don't consider DVDs or tapes the same as watching "TV", so your mileage may vary.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I meant that the TV power does not go on for at least 24 hours, and no cheating by watching movies on my DVD-ROM. It was not just network programming.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks