A couple of projector questions if you please

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Michael Thompson, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Michael Thompson

Michael Thompson Auditioning

Hello all,

Our church is working on developing a multimedia system for use with PowerPoint presentations, etc. I haven't seen any actual model numbers on what they have in mind yet, but I'm being quoted @12,500 per projector (two are planned.) I'll admit that I'm not as familiar with projectors as many of you, but I thought that sounded a little high. Our sanctuary is long and narrow and probably seats @800, so we're not talking cathedral-sized or anything. Obviously we would need a very bright projector and the brighter the projector, the higher the price, but I'm just looking for an educated opinion on projectors from someone that isn't trying to sell me one [​IMG] Any thoughts?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    First off, I assume you are looking for something with a 4x3 aspect ratio. I will try to find out what my church uses. All I know is it is a very long throw, meaning you can mount it far from the front wall and still obtain a fairly small screen size.

3. Eric-S

Eric-S Stunt Coordinator

You will find many more projector people at AVS forum people there are very friendly and would be glad to help you out.

Good luck!

Eric