A couple of high marks for Final Fantasy X

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Peter Kim, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Saw reviews online from ign and gamespot. IGN gave FFX a 9.5, Gamespot, a 9.3. Both comment on how FFX could arguably be the best FF game ever.

Some of the earlier comments from HTF's on the dubbing concerned me. After skimming both articles, there was no real criticism of the dubbing. In fact, both sources virtually praised the dubbing. IGN commends the quality of the dubbing - "...surprisingly strong English dub". Gamespot states "...the speech is surprisingly well done" and "...for the most part, the characters sound just right".

Has anyone here actually had REAL experience with the game/dubbing? Comments on your experience would be helpful. For the naysayers that came down on the dub...what did you base your opinion on?

Looks like this game will be on shelves most everywhere on Dec. 20th. Looking forward to picking this title up. Although MGS2 @ $36.99 at CC seems too tempting to resist.

2. James St

James St Supporting Actor

After spending some time with the demo I can't wait to play this one. I better go pre-order this at EB to make sure I can get a copy Thursday. Being so close to X-Mas this one might be tough to find otherwise.

3. RANDY FISHER

RANDY FISHER Second Unit

Played the demo...was pretty mind blowing. I am not an RPG fan but this could make one out of me. Also thought the voice acting was pretty good.
    Randy[​IMG]

4. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

You and me both, Randy. In fact, I've never played any of the FF games. Watched plenty of it when my wife played, though.

Dunno why I'm excited about this...could be that this is the first for the PS2. Anyway, I'll pick it up, and if I don't like it, my wife will immerse herself in it.

5. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

6. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

Come on, no screen saver is that good!

7. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

(Sigh)...this is the only title that my Xbox will get PS2-envy over... I loved FFVII, REALLY loved FFTactics, and liked (but not like-liked) FFVIII. I was kind of hoping X would be more like IX and I could trick myself into thinking I wasn't missing much. [​IMG]
    Oh, well. Glad you are all enjoying it! Sounds like a great game. For any PS2 owner who may have felt a little sad reading all the comments on Halo in some of the other threads, you can take comfort that now it's the Xbox owners with their noses pressed against the window. [​IMG]

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I have a playable demo with two parts, and pretty much all of the voice acting is good. Maybe not great, but good enough and then some.

This game is mindblowing. The graphics, cinemas, gameplay, everything!