A couple of HDTV questions

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Tony Mc, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Tony Mc

Tony Mc Stunt Coordinator

I'll be purchasing the 60v500 within the next month and I have a couple of questions. Should I wait for the new Hitachi releases due to come out this fall or should I just purchase ASAP?
    Second question, regarding the DVI input of which there is only one, which is the preferred device to use for this input... the DVD player or the Comcast Cable (no sat dish yet) digital box?
    Thanks for your replies. And this is a great forum. Plenty of info, ideas, and knowledge.

2. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

If your cable box is going to diplay an HD image, I'd save the DVI input for that. As far as when to purchase.....it's like computer stuff....there's always something a little better (or with more features) just around the corner so if you wait until the "best" is available you'll be waiting a loooooooooong time.

Mort

3. John S

John S Producer

Purchase, and start enjoying HDTV......

Mort Corey's comments are dead on, if your going to wait for the best, you'll always be waiting, in the mean time, your depriving yourself of increased enjoyment and more satisfaction with your system in general.

4. Tony Mc

Tony Mc Stunt Coordinator

You're both absolutely right about something always better coming down the pike. I better buy now and enjoy.

Thanks.