What's new

A Couple of Final Questions (1 Viewer)

JohnE

Supporting Actor
Just a couple of last questions before I order my speakers. I've decided to go with a pair of JBL S26II bookshelves for my mains and the JBL S Center for now. At income tax time next year I'll look into a couple more as surounds and then save for an SVS sub. The room these will be going in is about 12' x 14'. I'll running these with an HK AVR225.

I'll be using this setup for the next few years so if there is anything I should do different let me know. Would I be better off spending a little extra and going with the JBL S36's? The setup will be used mainly for music. If anyone has last minute advice it would be appreciated.

Next question; where can I get a couple of nice speaker stands that will work with JBL speakers at a reasonable price online.

Thanks.

GregAV

Agent
Well, if it is a mostly musical setup, did you consider buying a pair of S38's and skip the center channel for now ?

I'm running a pair of S38's without a center, and clear dialog has never been an issue. I also enjoy the 8" drivers and set my sub crossover low, and let my S38's fly - too much fun.

Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks