A Couple of Final Questions

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JohnE, Oct 10, 2003.

1. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

Just a couple of last questions before I order my speakers. I've decided to go with a pair of JBL S26II bookshelves for my mains and the JBL S Center for now. At income tax time next year I'll look into a couple more as surounds and then save for an SVS sub. The room these will be going in is about 12' x 14'. I'll running these with an HK AVR225.

I'll be using this setup for the next few years so if there is anything I should do different let me know. Would I be better off spending a little extra and going with the JBL S36's? The setup will be used mainly for music. If anyone has last minute advice it would be appreciated.

Next question; where can I get a couple of nice speaker stands that will work with JBL speakers at a reasonable price online.

Thanks.

2. GregAV

GregAV Agent

Well, if it is a mostly musical setup, did you consider buying a pair of S38's and skip the center channel for now ?

I'm running a pair of S38's without a center, and clear dialog has never been an issue. I also enjoy the 8" drivers and set my sub crossover low, and let my S38's fly - too much fun.

Greg