a concern about beginning to watch 24

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Everett A, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Everett A

Everett A Agent

May seem silly, but I never watched this show on tv, but then when my friend rented the season 1 set, he then started watching season 2 religiously.

He insists I HAVE to watch season 1 of the show and get on board.

Here's my concern, let me know if it's unreasonable.

The show's appeal is largely based on the cliffhangers, suspense, etc.

If I watch the first season now, I can't start watching the second season half-way through.

I'd have to wait until the dvd set comes out, and by that time, I wouldn't be able to escape the word of mouth on what happens.

I'm big into the sopranos, and I find that show is strong on so many points rather than show to show cliffhangers that when I hear the occasional blurb on season 4 stuff, it doesn't ruin anything for me.

Any thoughts?

2. Dave Gilbert

Dave Gilbert Second Unit

There are a couple of major plot points which occur in the last episode or two of Season 1 that are referenced rather heavily in Season 2.

That being said, I started watching Season 2 when it started, without having seen any of Season 1. I got Season 1 for Christmas and my wife and I watched all 24 episodes in four days. Although I knew a couple of things while watching Season 1 that I would have been better off not knowing, it was still one hell of a ride.

I agree with your friend. You HAVE to watch Season 1, ASAP.

3. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

It's a fantastic show. Watch Season One as soon as you can, but do not watch any of Season Two until you're finished with S1. Too much would be spoiled (one major thing in particular).
    In fact, at this point I'd say wait until S2 is on DVD, watch that from start to finish, and then get pumped for a possible (and I'm praying) Season Three. While the ratings aren't stellar, the show is doing pretty good. FOX needs all the hits they can hold on to.

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

5. Adam_WM

Adam_WM Screenwriter

You can probably make it through to the DVD release of Season 2. You could avoid the current showings and have no idea who these people are as long as you don't watch the commercials to closely. Really, the only major plot points the commercials would give away could be:

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jack lives, Sen. Palmer lives, Jack's daughter lives, and Nina is a dirty traitor!!!!

6. Chris_Morris

Chris_Morris Screenwriter

Adam, a commericial on Fox last night clearly gave away
    the fact that Nina killed Teri in S1
    I'm just up to 6a on S1 but had already heard this so it didn't really give anything away to me.

7. Matt Goddard

Matt Goddard Stunt Coordinator

Thanks to delays in Fox's fall season due to Major League Baseball, Season 2 of 24 should come out on DVD well before the start of Season 3 on television. I'm basing that assumption on the release schedule of the first season.
    All you have to do is avoid commercials and newspaper articles about 24 for another eight or nine months. [​IMG]