1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

A completely non-lethal Deus Ex?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave F, Aug 18, 2002.

1. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

The latest PC Gamer mentions that a fan had emailed Warren Spector with instructions on how to complete Deus Ex without killing a single character. Even the Deus Ex team thought that you would have to terminate 3 characters. At least until they followed the instructions. [​IMG]
    Has anyone seen the details somewhere? I'd like to give it a try. I always felt a bit guilty after being commended for the bloodbath I left in the first mission....
    -Dave

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I've heard about doing this. Apparently, for at least one of the three characters you normally 'have' to kill, it involves blocking a door open with a barrel or two, having piled a bunch of enhancements onto your strength and lifting ability.

3. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

what page? please reply, i have the mag in my hands and couldnt find it!

4. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

It was just a tiny blurb in an interview with Warren Spector (it may have been in the Deus Ex 2 preview). When I get home from work I'll look it up & post the page number.

-Dave

5. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

D'oh! My mistake - it was in the latest Official Playstation Magazine. It was just a tiny blurb though, so you aren't missing much.

-Dave

6. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

thanks dave. at least you replied me and i appreciate that.