What's new

A Christmas Story (1 Viewer)

Dan Brodin

Stunt Coordinator
I am with you 100%

I have to admit I did commit a cardinal sin. I purchased the current version. I just had to. This is a film I watch every year and the VHS copy was becoming painful to watch. Although the DVD isn't a drastic improvement at least we have it. Hopefully Warner will one day give in and re-release it. Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a Widescreen LD release some time back. That might be worth tracking down. Hmmm

-Dan

Matt Giggey

Stunt Coordinator
...this is quite possibly the worst DVD you'll find outside of Madacy...I don't know why, but there seems to be some bizarre moire effect throughout the whole movie and at times the entire frame seems to be "waving" like bad TV reception.
Watch this Christmas on TBS or TNT - whichever is the regular cable network that airs the film - and you will see the exact same thing. They either use the same transfer or there is a problem with the source material, but it isn't anything specifically wrong with the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks