A Christmas Story SE DVD next year?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Baucom, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Chris Baucom

Chris Baucom Stunt Coordinator

With it being the Christmas season, this news could be a nice little present for some of us.
    Over at The Digital Bits website, they have received a list of next years Warner Bros. Region 2 releases and on it is a new A Christmas Story DVD. This could be a new OAR special edition DVD and if you're like me, you would agree this has been too long in coming. If they are doing it for region 2, then most likely region 1 will get it as well.
    Anyone else heard about this? Now if they would just do Christmas Vacation as well, Christmas 2003 might just be a good one!

2. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

There was also word from the Peter Staddon chat that there might be a Home Alone SE coming out for Christmas 2003 as well. This deserves a better transfer as well as anamorphic treatment.

3. Robin Warren

Robin Warren Second Unit

Yes! Scott Farkus HAS yellow eyes, swear to God.

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    You know what would be a cool extra that comes inside the DVD package...
    A Ovaltine decoder[​IMG]

5. Scott Burke

Scott Burke Second Unit

Scott B.
    I would love to have this movie in Anamorphic Widescreen. I have watch my full frame version every year since I bought it and get irritated everytime because of the wavy effect that happens almost through the whole movie.

If possible it would be great to fix up this film. There are alot of nicks and scratches on the print. I would buy a anamorphic widescreen edition of this in a heart beat. Regardless of whether or not I'd shoot my eye out.

6. Douglas R

Douglas R Cinematographer

Doug
    Sorry to disillusion you Chris but A Christmas Story hasn't been released in R2 yet, so this advance notification of UK releases is almost certainly just a basic issue of the film.

7. Kajs

Kajs Second Unit

8. Jean-Michel

Jean-Michel Supporting Actor

Another reason to believe the R2 will just be bare-bones is that the other special editions on that list are denoted as such, whereas A Christmas Story is not. I wouldn't get my hopes up.

9. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    It might not be a special edition, but chances are, it will be in anamorphic widescreen, just like Christmas Vacation is in R2. That's good enough for me.

10. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    It's the 20th anniversery next year, so I think WB would do an SE. It would likely be a fall release, though.

11. Jon Smith

Jon Smith Stunt Coordinator

of course i would like to see a SE of this.

but does it really need it ?

OAR and good picture quality is enough for me. In fact i prefer it if the RRP was cheaper than most DVDs.