What's new

A Christmas Story OAR petition now online (1 Viewer)

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
But the idea of wanting to fill a 16x9 screen is just as disturbing to me as wanting to fill a 4x3 screen.
Ah, now this is an interesting topic for discussion.

But I think I'll start a new thread called "Filling up our screens" so as not to steer the talk away from A Christmas Story.

Jan

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
signed.

That's the issue for you. If wanting to fill my 16:9 screen isn't a good enough reason for you...if it doesn't pass your test of moral purity...I'll withdraw my signature at your request. I'd think you'd want all the signers you could get for whatever reason.
It's not a big enough deal to worry about as far as your comments on the petition (it's nice to let folks at Warner know that there *are* people out there with 16x9 TVs watching "family" titles like this to be sure), but the point is important for us at HTF to consider: Would we want people with new Hi-Def TVs complaining about the "side bars" on their TV when they watch the Wizard of Oz and getting Warner to crop it to satisfy them?

With Christmas Story it's about OAR and film composition...and maximizing the resolution of the format (the anamorphic part) vs having to "blow up" an open matte 4x3 trasnfer to get OAR.

-dave

Mark_Wilson

Screenwriter
I want to see a Nice SE of this. The old LD had the trailer and in it was a scene that isn't shown in the film.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.