What's new

A case study on acoustic mismatch between cone and air (1 Viewer)

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
Chris, concerning the questions I asked earlier, I have no project. I just want to know the physics behind why there is an impedence mismatch to air with monopole speakers.

I didn't realize that I had to have a project to ask these questions. I'm just trying to understand things to broaden my knowledge. That's all.

--Regards,

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
FYI, I work in the field and again, I find it not only fascinating to engage in these kinds of discussions but I feel that I need to know how things work. I've read Everasts book on acoustics a few times, I have a few books on speaker operation but I feel that some questions are not asked or do not go into detail.

Please remember, Chris, that I do appreciate your willingness to help me with the other questions posed and I do appreciate your knowledge.

Thanks.

--Regards,

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
After three days, do you concede ? :D

Thanks to all those who contributed, Chris included. Although my primary question wasn't really touched on, I do thank those for the discussion. Although I would for someone to expand on the impedence mismatch of cone speakers to air.

Apparently, cone is denser than air and so the acoustical transfer of energy will be a mismatch. The most efficient means of achieving the this transfer of energy, I would imagine, is to use air to move air.

Discuss ? :)

--Regards,

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
Bump. Hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself will comment on the physics behind the impedence mismatch between the cone which is rigid and dense and the light gaseous air.

--Regards,

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit
Bump. Hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself will comment on the physics behind the impedence mismatch between the cone which is rigid and dense and the light gaseous air.

--Regards,

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit

--Regards,

Vaughan Odendaal

Second Unit

--Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks