What's new

a/c unit suggestions (1 Viewer)

Ron C

Stunt Coordinator
I need to purchase a new window air conditioner unit but I'm not sure what to get. I needs to be somewhat powerful since my rooms are pretty big. I'm looking from something in the $300-$500 range. Any suggestions on what brands to look at?

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Ron...Home Depot carries Maytag, at least they do in Ohio, Which comes with a five year warranty. You can check them out online, and then see what Lowes offers and compare. The AC's are rated for specific size rooms and they tell you that right on the box. So many square feet for such and such BTU. Make sure that if you do need a larger BTU AC that you check the plug that is on the end of the cord. Once you go past 12,000 BTU or so the plug will no longer fit in a normal duplex.

Gods Love
chris

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
Ron...Home Depot carries Maytag, at least they do in Ohio, Which comes with a five year warranty. You can check them out online, and then see what Lowes offers and compare. The AC's are rated for specific size rooms and they tell you that right on the box. So many square feet for such and such BTU. Make sure that if you do need a larger BTU AC that you check the plug that is on the end of the cord. Once you go past 12,000 BTU or so the plug will no longer fit in a normal duplex.

Gods Love
chris

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Just go to Sears and grab one...great return policy if the need arises and fairly decent prices.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Just go to Sears and grab one...great return policy if the need arises and fairly decent prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks