What's new

A Bug's Life - Pixar's forgotten child? (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
This reminded me of a comment in The Incredibles Review thread, wherein a member hoped that Cars would redeem Pixar. Not judging said members dislike of The Incredibles (I have a different opinion), but on what planet does Pixar have to redeem themselves for anything. Even if The Incredibles blew goat, they'd have to dump out two more consecutive turds before Pixar began to MAYBE, possibly need any sort of redemption.

I guess batting 1.000 (or .840) isn't good enough these days.

Back to A Bug's Life. I agree that it is the least popular of the Pixar films overall. That said, it's a wonderful film in every way.

Love it,
Chuck

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Good post Chuck.

I need to re-visit A Bugs Life. I stated this in the Incredibles review thread that it's too hard to rank all the Pixar films for me. I need to re-visit these to do justice. I will say that while Monster's Inc, had some great gags with Mike and Sully? and Boo was just drop dead cute, I found Bugs Life to be more clever, more engaging, and just hilarious.

Definitely time for a re-visit. :)

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor

I was glad to finally see it mentioned. They should list all their previous movies when promoting a new one.

I think The Incredibles is my favorite Pixar movie so far, but the others aren't very far behind.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Since no one asked for it, here's my take on "a bug's life".

I like it a lot, but it's my least favorite of the Pixar movies. That is, to me it's the worst - something had to be the worst. But I still like it.

My problems with it are:
a) characters that aren't as loveable and interesting as the other Pixar flicks
b) not quite as much of the blinding originality (offset by more craftmanship) as the rest

But there are still great moments in it. So I liked it.

-Reagan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks