What's new

A Bug's Life, Gold Collection: Anamorphic??? (1 Viewer)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
I took a look at this DVD the other day and it looked like it was non-anamorphic. Upon checking out the back of the DVD case, it doesn't say anything about being anamorphic. However, as a fluke the other day, I looked at the back of the new, 2-disc edition's case and noticed that it's anamorphic. So, what's the deal with the gold collection's version? If it's not, I'm gonna be mildly upset as Disney could have easily created an anamorphic version, but chose not to!

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
The Collector's Edition has always been the only way to get an anamorphic version of this film. The standard release (April 1999) was non-anamorphic, and it was simply repackaged into "Gold Collection" (Summer 2000) and "Pixar 15th Anniversary Pack" (Fall 2001) editions.

The new Collector's Edition is anamorphic, and nearly identical to the first Collector's Edition (November 1999).

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
That stinks! I think this is a really good movie, so now I have to buy it again...ARGHHH!:angry:

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Original list price was $34.95 too! (Would've only been $29.99 on laserdisc if they'd put one out!) It wasn't released on DIVX til after the format died though.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Which is the best version of this movie to get?
Wasn't there an Ultimate Edition of this movie, or something similar?

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
Wasn't there an Ultimate Edition of this movie, or something similar?
There was a 2-disc Collector's Edition released a couple years back, and the version that just hit store shelves is essentially the same. This new release includes a very brief Finding Nemo promotional piece and a lame set-top accessible game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks