What's new

A Bronx Tale - Great Movie! (1 Viewer)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Maybe I'm just having really good luck, but lately just about every movie I've seen has been very good recently. I saw A Bronx Tale today and thought it was one of the most entertaining movies I've seen. De Niro has to be very proud of this great film. All the performances were good (even the child actor, take note Lucas). It definitely had many things to say and was a movie about morals for the most part. Usually, movies like this come off to me as being preachy and just very dull. This one didn't at all. It's amazing De Niro hasn't directed any more movies since this around almost 10 years ago. Same thing with Mel Gibson, directed Braveheart and hasn't done a movie since. What does everyone think of this flick?

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
It's been a while since I've seen this movie but I don't remember it being that great. There were some interesting elements, such as the contrast between the main character's two father figures, De Niro and the mob guy, and the whole blue collar worker vs. gangster lifestyle conflict. But overall I think the movie didn't have anything very interesting to say. The interracial relationship aspect of it, in particular, seemed uninspired and tacked-on.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
I saw it for the first time about 10 years ago, and then caught it on TV last month. Wonderful, wonderful film.

EDIT: Couldn't have been ten years ago, as the film came out in 1993 :b

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
A Bronx Tale is a wonderful film. The scene with the bikers was intense. I also loved the two relationships with DeNiro and Chaz. My favorite part of the film is when Chaz gives the little speech about Mickey Mantle. :emoji_thumbsup:
-Dean-

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
This is an absolutely terrific, powerful movie that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. It is probably in my top 5 of all time.
My favorite part of the film is when Chaz gives the little speech about Mickey Mantle.
Me too! I don't think I have viewed baseball in the same way since I first saw this movie!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
This is an excellent film. :emoji_thumbsup: Disappointing that Chazz Palminteri hasn't been in much lately, other than the somewhat humorous Vanilla Coke commercials.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I am another that thinks A Bronx Tale is a very good movie.

I crack up at the scene when everyone is playing Craps and Chazz makes the unlucky guy leave b/c he didn't want the kid looking at that face. Them at the track is another funny scene.

Eric Walsh

Stunt Coordinator
About the door test thing. I had heard it in some song one day. I am pretty sure it was one from the Ataris and I had always thought it was a cool line and kept it in the back of my head. And then one day I saw the movie and there it was. Needless to say I was very happy and glad I finally discovered where it came from.

I too thought that it was a great film. I didn't really think the DVD was that great though but than again it is only around 10 dollars usually so it may be worth it.

-Eric

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
The interracial relationship aspect of it, in particular, seemed uninspired and tacked-on.
i completely agree. that was the only part that annoyed me, especially seeing as how the actress who played jane was one of the absolute worst actresses i have ever seen on screen. the story was very emotional and it was a good film, although not very original at times. i thought the actor who played the main role looked insanely similar to robert deniro...the casting could not have been any more perfect. my only other argument is that i kind of wish chazz palminteri would stop doing these mob roles...he is so typecasted now it's not even funny...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks