A brief moment of narsicism (EQ related)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sam Posten, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Please allow me to present my present to myself (that sounds vaguely Austin Powersish).... for getting level 60.
    I had Woody Hearn of GU Comics do a commission for me, and here is the result, Mr. Kadath Dreamfire with his favorite fish!
    [​IMG]
    Sam

2. Joe Szott

Joe Szott Screenwriter

Congratulations man, I played EQ before all the expansions years ago and level 50 was almost unattainable then! I can't imagine your commitment to get to level 60, wow!
    OK, so I've been out of it for a bit. What type of fish gives that cloak he has there and what does it do? I left when Rubicite armor was still all the rage for bards [​IMG]

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    That is a monster from the original game, Phiningel Autropos. He (rarely) drops one of the quest pieces for the Wizard Epic, the staff of the four, which I have and is pictured. He's not that hard but its a rare drop. Took me 17 kills, others have gone over 30. He is on a 12 hour timer which means he can be killed at most twice a day. So he is a PITA.

The robe I wear is pretty nice, its called the Robe of Icicles, and is gained by a quest from the Temple of Veeshan. My guild isnt uber by any standards, this is the only robe of this quality we've gotten, and I was honored to be awarded it.

I am the worlds worst power gamer. Most people can get level 60 in 80 or so days played. My /played was over 160 days when I hit 60. I play to have fun and explore and do trade skills more than to exp grind, so yeah, finally getting 60 was a big deal for me.

Sam