What's new

A Better Place... thoughts/opinions? (1 Viewer)

A Better Place (written & directed by View Askew's Vincent Pereira) was finally released on DVD a couple weeks ago...
To those who own the disc already: How is the quality (both the audio video & the extras)? Also, where did you purchase it? Jay & Silent Bob's Secret Stash is always an option, but it seems that many major retailers(The Best Buy(s), Circuit City(s) etc.)aren't carrying it. It would be nice to see this title more readily available.
To those that don't own the disc yet: How interested are you in the disc? Have you been holding off picking it up simply because you couldn't find it anywhere?

Jeff Hammett

Auditioning
I got this disc a couple days ago. Its a great dvd, they obviously put a lot of work into it.
The movie is outstanding, I heard so much about it when it was playing at festivals, that I had to buy it even though I had never seen it (and I hardly ever do that).
My favorite extra on the disc is the feature that compares the new 5.1 mix to the original mono mix. It makes a world of difference.

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I looked for this title at Best Buy, but couldn't find it. Had it been there, I probably would have picked it up.
------------------
http://darius.mobius-soft.com/~andrea/ht/

ben ricci

Auditioning
Three words: excellent, excellent excellent. i bought mine from amazon.com and love it. I first saw it a while back at Vulgarthonthon and really liked it. Vincent Pereira (aka Vinkie to the AICN savvy) really knows how to tell a story. As for the DVD, the picture and sound are great, too. Skywalker did a 5.1 mix for free and cleaned up the print a bit as well. Some shots show their 16mm origin, but overall it's a good transfer, although oddly framed at 1.5:1. The extras are what really make the disc. Two commentaries are given, one is serious and another, hidden track is a gem (I won't spoil it). For any fan of View Askew or independent film, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
I love Vince Periera's take on things. He seems to create "real" characters. They were highly believable. Oh, and that second commentary IS a trip! I like how the hidden page was made to resemble Apex's LOOPHOLES menu.
Great movie, great commentaries, great supplements, great 5.1 remix. Two thumbs up!!
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks