What's new

a/b speaker power on receiver (1 Viewer)

Simon Brooke

Stunt Coordinator
hi guys

just a quick question

i have my home theater in the living room and another set of speakers connected via the b speaker output to a russound volume control, the problem is that everytime i want to listen to my cd in the bedroom i have to switch on the B speaker button on the amp, the question is can i leave the b speaker button on all the time, will it drain power from my receiver when watching a dvd through the a speakers as well as the center and surrounds.

the volume control has an on/off control as well.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Your A&B outputs are normally series together inside the receiver, so really yes it would take power from your front speakers since you are really driving two instead of one pair of speakers from the front amps. As for the volume control if I understand them correctly it just puts a restive load on the speaker line, more resistance less vol, less resistance more vol. As for how it affects the performance of your other speakers Im not to sure, but myself I would just shut off the B output when not in use just incase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks