What's new

A/B Audio Switch (1 Viewer)

LewB

Screenwriter
I just purchased a Roady2 XM receiver and will be installing it in my car. To make a long story short, in order to send signal directly to the factory amp, I'll need to cut into the wiring harness behind the dash and put rca connectors on the output of the head unit, input to the amp and I will also have rca plugs coming from the XM unit.
I'll need a switch to switch between the head unit and the XM unit as inputs to the amp. I've checked Rat Shack as well as BB and do not like the A/V A/B switches that they have. Couldn't find much on the web either. Anyone have a source for a nice switch, or perhaps plans for a DIY? Thanks !

Dean_S

Second Unit
I don't believe the Roady2 has a volume control (pre-amp) and if you hook it up like you say you want to it will play only at one volume. It does has a wireless FM modulator built in, so you could use that while you figure out a better option for your car (you didn't mention the make. model and year of the car so I can't help you with that until I know).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks