What's new

A 21st century video-based color organ? (1 Viewer)

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Anybody here remember color organs? Those funky gizmos that usually looked like bookshelf speakers but had a prizmatic lens where the grill would be, and behind that were colored lights that flashed in time with the music. I had one myself that I built years ago from a RatShak kit (this one even had separate lights for the bass, mids and treble--kewl).
But actually, I don't want a retro product. How about something built-in to a dvd player and output to your TV? My inspiration: if you have ever seen the the "visualisations" on Windows Media Player or RealAudio's media player you know where I'm headed with this. I love listening to music while watching these organic spacey images, especially RealAudio's "nebula" option or the funny "Annabelle the Sheep" option. Wouldn't it be a blast to sit in a darkened room, sipping a lime daquiri and watching this stuff on a big screen TV? :)
I guess this more a dreaming post than actually asking who knows of a dvd player or add-on gizmo that does this eye candy stuff. And I'm not kidding when I say such a feature would influence my player purchasing decision if it was made available.
Don't some manufacturers read this forum?...........
LJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks