What's new

A $200 Timex Clock Tweak? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
In possibly the worst review site on the web, a modified (?) Timex clock was determined to have remarkable effects on the sound. Read about it here.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
They're actually selling it (or were selling it) on Audiogon on an auction and last I looked there were some bids. I've tried experiments with clocks (with the back-up battery out which is supposedly the way to set it up) and I could not hear any difference. I did notice when I had my old 64 inch CRT in the main system (a few yrs. back) the black levels appeared to be a drop better. The difference was very subtle and I got the clock anyway (with 2 inch LEDs) for the room and if I decided I did not like it I could have always taken it back to Radio Shack and got my $18 back. I've seen that review and it is not really informative as to the detail of was done before and after.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
Since this is a serious article and a real product, I take it the advantage of this clock must be lower radiated (and zero conducted) EMI emission?

-edit- Wait a minute, upon further inspection, the claim appears to be that this clock actually IMPROVES sound quality/TV picture quality. I can see a claim that it won't DEGRADE quality (say if you replaced a standard plug-in clock with it), but I wish they would give some hints as to how it's supposed to improve things, rather than simply saying it's 'proprietary.'

Ronn.W

Second Unit
You guys just don't get it. It's obvious the clock is taking advantage of loopholes in the space time continuum based on Einsteinian laws. :rolleyes:

:laugh:

They make magic rocks, magic rings, and now a magic clock. This company just keeps getting better and better.

Ralphie_B

Stunt Coordinator
Ohhhhhh, it's a space-time continuum thing! I get it now! ;)

"They make magic rocks, magic rings, and now a magic clock. This company just keeps getting better and better."

This reminds me of a scene on the Simpsons:

Lisa: "Dad, that's specious reasoning. By your logic, I could say that this rock keeps tigers away."

Homer: "Hmmmmm, how does it work?"

Lisa: "It doesn't work. It's just a stupid rock. But I don't see any tigers around..."

Homer: "I see. Lisa, I'd like to buy your rock."

:D

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
At one time, I thought the people that wrote that review were actually pulling everyone's leg. Satire I think someone called it. But I spoke to a person on this forum that used to attend some of those audiophile meetings at these people's homes and they assured me that as crazy as you think they are, they're even crazier. It's like going to a psychic fair and rolling every loonie into one person. Now, that doesn't mean they don't have a nice system. They're just crazy.

Peter f

Stunt Coordinator
I certainly took the review as satire...first clue was in the first sentence

Mazda GLC described as a "GREAT" car...clearly satire :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks