What's new

A 10" that really wanted to be a tempest (1 Viewer)

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
linky

I got 4 of these from my friend last night, at 30 bucks apiece i don't think they will be that bad. Granted these will be used mostly for music, but they will have huge slam to them.

We put two in a box with a volume of about 2.2 cuft and a port get this 80 inches long with a xsection of 50 inches squared, needless to say the box is going to be huge to accommodate the folded port. And the -3db point is at 50hz but the xmax isn't even touching the 13mm that these have so i will probably slap them on my BFD and bring them up so they roll off around 30ish.

The thing that i really like it the group delay is so freaking small, at 10ms these things will be supper tight, Olsen twins tight!!!

I will try and get the TS that he has for them so you guys can see what you can do for a box size.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
Sounds like your woofer really wants either a small sealed box or a passive radiator. With a port 80 inches long, you are starting to get into quarter-wave antiresonance loading. A ported enclosure that replaces the port with a transmission line is called a Daline, or Decoupled Antiresonant Line. The air in the line actually contributes significantly to the output of the speaker, but there are generally more considerations in the design of a daline than just a really long port length. I think you might be disappointed. I don't know. We will see.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
Sounds like your woofer really wants either a small sealed box or a passive radiator. With a port 80 inches long, you are starting to get into quarter-wave antiresonance loading. A ported enclosure that replaces the port with a transmission line is called a Daline, or Decoupled Antiresonant Line. The air in the line actually contributes significantly to the output of the speaker, but there are generally more considerations in the design of a daline than just a really long port length. I think you might be disappointed. I don't know. We will see.
really, you know of any place where i can read more on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks