What's new

96 khz sources (1 Viewer)

J. Banks

Auditioning
I have a Pioneer mega cd/dvd changer (F727DV) which is several years old. In the setup menu it can be setup for 96 khz output along with other customary digital output rates. It has a single coax digital output but does not have six-channel analog outputs. My pre/pro is a Lexicon MC-12 which has 96 khz digital processing capability. It has coax and optical inputs along with 5.1 analog inputs. I suspect that this arrangement is not compatable with SACD or DVDA source material. My question is--what 96 khz source material, if any, is compatable with the 727 and Lexicon combination? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
There are a few I know of.

There are some 24/96 Digital Audio Discs from Chesky, in addition to some HDAD discs from Classic records and perhaps others. The HDAD's have a 24/96 side compatible with DVD-V machines like what you have now, and also a DVD-A side with a 24/192 track compatible with DVD-A machines.

The 24/96 tracks from either a DAD or HDAD should pass from your player to the Lex. The 24/192 will not.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks