96 khz sources

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by J. Banks, Sep 19, 2004.

1. J. Banks

J. Banks Auditioning

I have a Pioneer mega cd/dvd changer (F727DV) which is several years old. In the setup menu it can be setup for 96 khz output along with other customary digital output rates. It has a single coax digital output but does not have six-channel analog outputs. My pre/pro is a Lexicon MC-12 which has 96 khz digital processing capability. It has coax and optical inputs along with 5.1 analog inputs. I suspect that this arrangement is not compatable with SACD or DVDA source material. My question is--what 96 khz source material, if any, is compatable with the 727 and Lexicon combination? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.

2. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

There are a few I know of.

There are some 24/96 Digital Audio Discs from Chesky, in addition to some HDAD discs from Classic records and perhaps others. The HDAD's have a 24/96 side compatible with DVD-V machines like what you have now, and also a DVD-A side with a 24/192 track compatible with DVD-A machines.

The 24/96 tracks from either a DAD or HDAD should pass from your player to the Lex. The 24/192 will not.

BGL