950 remote question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

hey all, i just received an mx-1000 from chris (super thanks!!!) and am having trouble teaching it some of the codes for my sony receiver. i'm not too bummed though since the sony remote is a pos and uses a two-way system. i'm probably going to purchase a 950 (or the sherbourn version) and was wondering if any of you guys could tell me if the remote is a two-way design. i'm hoping it isn't. is there just a single key entry for dplII, bypass, and all the other dsp formats? thanks for any insight you can provide.

kevin t

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

bueller...bueller...anybody...bueller

kevin t

3. Jim Prillaman

Jim Prillaman Stunt Coordinator

I'd recommend that anyone interested in the 950 take a spin through the 950's manual (recently available online), if you haven't already. As for your specific question about the buttons on the 950 remote for DSP formats, there are four buttons: Dolby, DTS, CR Surround, and Stereo (OK, five if you are also looking at the "stereo bypass" mode for analog inputs). So if you are in Dolby (maybe Pro Logic II Music on a CD) and want stereo, hit the "Stereo" button.

4. John Morris

John Morris Guest

To continue Gonk's post... each button toggles through each choice for that mode group. EX, Stereo toggles through stereo, 5 channel stereo and 7 channel stereo. Hope that helps! Bypass just toggles on and off.