What's new

900th DVD Review (1 Viewer)

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
The Cinema Laser is proud to announce that it has posted its 900th DVD review. 900 DVD reviews may not sound like much, but it is something of an accomplishment, especially since The Cinema Laser is one man web site.

As always, I would like to thank every person from the Home Theater Forum that visits The Cinema Laser on a regular basis.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Many people may not know this, but Derek
has ben a supporter of this forum long
before it was Home Theater Forum.

If I remember correctly, Derek goes as
far back with us to our Delphi days. He
was always an active participant in our
laserdisc forum, and was one of the very
first members to come to HTF when it arrived
on the web in 1997.

Derek, you are one of the most well-mannered
reviewers I know. You have been a friend of
ours since God knows when. We are so happy
to hear of your 900th DVD review.

Congrats!

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Congratulations, Derek. I just hit 437 reviews myself at Digitally Obsessed, so I can well appreciate the butt-numbing effort that you've put into reviewing MORE THAN TWICE that many. Wow. My hat's off to you, man.:emoji_thumbsup:

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Ron,

Thank you for all the very kind words, you are certainly one of the finest gentlemen on the web. I have been participating all the iterations of the Home Theater Forum and can even remember conversing about home theater and Laserdisc all the way back to the Prodigy days.

There is no better (or more civilized) place to talk about movies and DVD than in the Home Theater Forum and I am proud to be a long standing member.

Cheers!

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Mark,

Thank you.

Congratulations to you as well, 437 reviews is certainly nothing to sneeze at. I guess this means you have twice the amount of a life that I don't have. :wink:

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
The Cinema Laser is proud to announce that it has posted its 900th DVD review. 900 DVD reviews may not sound like much, but it is something of an accomplishment, especially since The Cinema Laser is one man web site.

As always, I would like to thank every person from the Home Theater Forum that visits The Cinema Laser on a regular basis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Derek,
The style, the visuals, and the format of your reviews are my all time favorites!
Keep up the good work! I always look n' see if you have reviewed it first.
Chas

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
congrats Derek :)
and special Kudos for being a crusader for the Hammer films all these years. :emoji_thumbsup:

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Jim,

Thanks.

How could I not be a crusader for the Hammer films- they are amongst my favorite horror movies of all time and remained woefully neglected by all of the major studios for many, many years.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
I only like dOc better because there's a cat on it. Hey Derek, get a cat and be cooler. ;) You could always use Fluffy Pumpkin.

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
Dennis,
As much as I like cats, they make me break out in a horrible rash and cause my lungs to fill with fluid- definitely not a pretty sight.
Please continue to enjoy my site, even if it is feline free!:D

Chas_Michael

Second Unit
Derek,
I am brutally allergic to cats also! My tonsils bleed, throat closes, eyes swell, nose stuffs, cough, etc.I love cats and they love me. I love them from a distance!

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I just wanted to drop in this little blurb that The Cinema Laser will be celebrating its 5th anniversary on the web this week.
Again, thanks to all our friends that have helped make the site a continued success!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks