HTF News Editor
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Real Name
Martin Dew
Martin Dew submitted a new blog post

8K Association announces TV performance specs
Screenshot-2-1-1024x696.png

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
4K has not been out long enough and IMHO they need to slow down! There is not enough 4K content and they want to crank out 8K displays already, enough already! And as far as video projectors go there are not alot of actual native 4K projectors out there so how long will it take them to come out with native 8K projectors? And I will not be replacing any 4K content with 8K versions! I see native 8K being good for the cinemas but then who is going to start shooting in 8K resolution and even try to render special effects in 8K, do not see it happening. Where is this all going to stop? I might be willing to get an 8K display but nothing under 100" and the price needs to be reasonable.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Not only is there no current 8K content, there's also no back catalogue. The only stuff that could even remotely take advantage of 8K are films shot in IMAX 15/70 and a few dozen 65mm productions.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
3D capable TVs with actual content was a consumer failure but an 8K TV with no content will sell like hotcakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks