88.5L box complete - How would a 15" Dayton Quatro sound?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by nickpgoodman, Jan 30, 2004.

1. nickpgoodman

nickpgoodman Auditioning

Hello everyone. I got most of this 88.5L Adire Sealed enclosure complete and was going to order an Adire Shiva for it, but was thinking about spending a little less and trying the Dayton 15" Quatro. I will also be using the PE 250w plate amp w/o boost.

This will primarily be for watching TV and movies, maybe 5% music.

Thanks for suggestions.

I just picked this enclosure to build as kind of a start on my woodworking skills as well, I can eventually of course make a bigger box if need be.

2. Aaron Gilbert

Aaron Gilbert Second Unit

That combination of driver, box, and amp should sound great with either the Shiva or Quatro 15". The box is just a hair small for a Qtc of 0.707 using the Quatro, but that could easily be fixed by stuffing, and the difference is so small that it probably would not be noticeable. My Quatro 15" is ported now, but I did listen to it sealed for a bit before adding the ports, and had no complaints.

Aaron Gilbert

3. nickpgoodman

nickpgoodman Auditioning

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to order the Quatro today I think. I live in an apartment on the second floor so I figured the Quatro would provide me with more than enough output without ticking off my neighbors too bad [​IMG]

Once I finish I'll post the pics, the end design will have the box looking like a flexy rack sort of, like the rest of the furniture.

Can anyone else chime in with their experiences on the Quatro 15" ? Thanks again.