8500 tv-out problems...help?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Joe Hsu, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Joe Hsu

Joe Hsu Supporting Actor

First off, I'm quite good with computers, so this is even more frustrating. [​IMG] I bought a cheap 8500 (ATI build) to replace a GF2, and the tv-out didn't work...initially, I couldn't even select the US or NTSC as a format, so I flashed the BIOS on the card and now I can. It looks like it's outputting the signal (I can move the mouse/windows off screen, to where the TV desktop would be, but nothing comes up on the TV)

Does anybody run an 8500, using a 4-pin s-video to 4-pin? (the TV in the basement is cheap, and doesn't support s-video, but my receiver does...I also have an s-video to composite cable, and that doesn't help either) If you have this setup working, please tell me what cables you use to connect and what version Catalyst drivers you're running?

I like the boost in performance, but if I can't watch the videos on my computer on the TV, then I don't know which card I'll pick...[​IMG] TIA

2. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I have a feeling that it might be the drivers from ATI, so if you haven't checked, do that first. For the last couple of years, their drivers have been a little wierd, and I have had to uninstall the whole mess and start over, - with different cards and different OS's.

Do make sure that you load them up in the correct order and follow their instructions TO THE LETTER!

Glenn