What's new

$850 Home Theater System? (1 Viewer)

David_E

Auditioning
http://web.archive.org/web/200106080...l?987911136510
Does this look like a good setup for a first system? I've heard wonderful things about the reciever and the subwoofer, it's the speakers that I've heard some people talk bad about. Sorry if this has been asked before. I was curious what other members thought. Would I be better off paying more for the Energy Take 5.2 or is there that big of a difference? Thanks.

David_E

Auditioning
Oh sorry I didn't know that the link was slow. Thank you for responding though. I have heard mixed reviews on the JBL's. Some people say that they are wonderful while others think they're crap. What do some of you think? Any one have them?

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
I have those very speakers and I absolutely love them. Everything from CDs to regular TV to DVDs to video games all sound incredible. For such a small package they can really pack a punch with a good receiver. I did a lot of research when I was picking these speakers and for the quality and the price the NSP1 set just couldn't be beat. I think they're definately worth getting :)

MarkMaestas

Agent
I've heard nothing but good things about the JBL speakers. I've scoured these threads and haven't seen anyone recommend a better speaker AT the same price level. If you want to spend more $$$, I'm sure you can find better. But for the price, I couldn't find anything better. I have some on order from JandR.com right now. They have a 30 day return policy, so if I don't like the way they sound in my home, I'll send them back. I listened to them at a local store, and they sounded great.

Mark

JohnathanB

Auditioning
I have not heard anything bad about the NSP-1 Northridge system..Everything I have heard suggests it blows away the Energy Take 5 (and 5.2) AS WELL AS systems that are $1000+

David_E

Auditioning
Ok thanks for the replys. I think that is what I will do then. It's just for my room so I don't need huge speakers. I might think about taking a step down on the reciever and go with the 494 instead. Thanks for your opinions.

Todd Christ

Stunt Coordinator
from the reviews - it seems that they are pretty low on sensitivity (meaning they require more power) - so just don't skimp on the receiver/amp :)
i'm sure the 595 would do fine...

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Ahh, some credit to my webpage....
The reason that particular link is so slow is b/c I lost the original page and recovered it through the magic of www.archive.org which shows webpages in their infancy.
I'm more proud of my $850 HT 2. It's another recommendation for all of you who don't wanna break the bank and have a great performing system at the same time.

David_E

Auditioning
Haha...well thanks chuck. Once I thought I knew what I wanted, you give me some more to think about. Thank you for all the help though.

David_E

Auditioning
Ok I have a few more questions. I love the way the JBL's look and I think that the Velodyne's are pretty plain looking. Is there that much of a difference between the two? If not, then I think I'll just go with the JBL's. I'd also like to know why you changed from the Sony sub to the JBL. Thanks for taking time to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks