811s question again

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Parker, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Stunt Coordinator

Hi guys,
    I just bought 811s today and I wuz wondering how you can change the settings for DPLl1? any one knows?

2. David Ison

David Ison Stunt Coordinator

Kevin
    I think you are trying to get just pro-logic. if so this is part of PLII.to change from "movie" to "music" simply push the "standard button"it will cycle thru with each push.Also i did want to mention it will default to proII with any analog source,simply select stereo to turn it off.

3. Kevin Parker

no david I meant how you set that center width and panorama settings which comes with DPL11.

4. David Ison

David Ison Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Kevin,I misunderstood,use the advanced surround mode button and toggle thru to expanded, in the manual page 33,beyond the menu in adv. mode there is no other adjustments to the sound field except speaker distance (delay) and level.

5. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

As far as I know, those are not adjustable. Also, remember they only are used for DPL II Music. I only use DPL II Movie or DTS Neo6 Cinema so have not even thought of this.

cheers,

--tom

6. Kevin Parker

Yeah I think they are not adjustable, thats why I asked question, I thought I am wrong, anyways I am liking 6 ch stereo for music. but without midnight/loudness this receiver sounds shit. I dont beleive the thin sound came out from my speakers then I tried midnight/loudness and now it sounds good. Thanx for replying guys.