What's new

811 S-vid switching & picture quaility? (1 Viewer)

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Those using this receiver and have tested or are ~{using it to switch between S-vid picture sources}~, is there any picture degrading as opposed to direct S-vid run from picture source to RPT?????

Would be very convienent to use the receiver to do the S-vid swiching as long as it dose NOT degrade picture quailty.

All connections would be quaility S-vid to the receiver with one S-vid monitor out to feed selected video source to 46" RPT.

Did a search and coud find nothing related "directly to this question". Did find that it will not up convert S-vid to component so you can run just one Component cable to the TV.

Not running Progressive yet so component feed is not needed at this time. All sources would be S-vid fed, DVDx2, S-VHS, and Analog Cable to the receiver with one S-vid out to the RPT.

So dose the 811 work well for this, or is picture quaility degraded a little or badly and direct feed from all video sources should go to RPT?????

Thanxs
Geoff
Edit:
Is anyone with an 811 driving 6-ohm load speakers all round and how dose the receiver handle it with moderate volumes when set to small, and also large?

Will be running seperate amps but would like to use a few (3 or less) of the 811 amp channels if it can handle the 6-ohm load at 89-db @1m/1w...

Vin

Supporting Actor
I use the S-video switching capablity of my Pioneer 711 and notice no degradation in PQ.

Vin

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Thanks Vin...

Anyone else care to give their take also?

Regards
Geoff

Tony Casler

Agent
I haven't seen any picture degradation. I haven't tried 6 ohm speakers, but I have read in several threads that the non-elite pioneer receivers don't get along well with anything below 8 ohms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks