80's Sci Fi Show

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Gordon, Feb 12, 2002.

1. Jeff Gordon

Jeff Gordon Agent

OK, here's one for ya. I loved it as a kid but I CANNOT remember the name. I remember a family is on vacation in Egypt I believe, and goes through some sort of "Dimension portal" or something. They end up in some wierd sci-fi world that seems kinda futuristic...Don't remember how long ago it was, but I remember it was Mom, Dad, a brother and a sister..?? Kinda sketchy but SOMEONE has to remember it!

2. Jeff Gordon

Jeff Gordon Agent

Wait, it's coming back to me...Outworld or Otherworld or something like that..??

3. Leo Hinze

Leo Hinze Stunt Coordinator

Oh my god! I have been trying to remember the name of this show forever. I recall some sketchy details: I seem to remember it was some sort of mid-season replacement of a show I really liked; I don't remember the show lasting more than a season; I remember a scene/episode where people were in some sort of vehicle moving toward a city in the desert that had some sort of force-field around it; I think it started when they were in a pyramid in Egypt, and they entered some strange portal. They lit their way with a lighter one of the kids had because they were secretly smoking; I think there were weird collars, or am I know confusing it w/ that Rutger Hauer sci-fi flick; they spent the whole show running from villains/trying to return.

Now that I'm done running on, I just checked IMDB. Yes, Otherworld was the name.

4. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    I think I saw (and enjoyed) every episode, but all I remember to this day is that they drove around in Toyota minivans because they were "futuristic" looking.