What's new

80s movies with good dance sequences (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
So, my best friend is going to be attending an "80s night" next week, and her boyfriend suggested renting a few 80s movies to see if they can pick up some dance moves. She asked if I had any suggestions, but beyond mentioning "Footloose" (which is probably too elaborately choreographed to be helpful), "Just One of the Guys" and "Back to School", I'm drawing a blank. So I was hoping you guys might suggest a few more films. Availability on VHS or DVD is a must, but beyond that, anything goes.

Thanks in advance :emoji_thumbsup:

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I assume they're looking for stuff related to '80s music, even if it isn't necessarily a movie that was made in the '80s. I didn't see Romy and Michelle's HS Reunion, but I know it had a lot of '80s music in it, and probably some dancing. Grosse Point Blank also might work, although I don't remember there being all that much dancing on-screen.

MichaelD

Stunt Coordinator
Dirty Dancing :D

Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo---They can learn moves from Ozone, Turbo and Special K

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
"Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense"...The knock-knee dance and the big suit dance are pretty good to do if you can pull it off.

"Trading Places"...Your lady friend could swipe some moves from the "Do Ya Wanna Funk" sequence.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Don't forget THE ORIGINAL "Breakin'".

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
How about Girls Just Wanna Have Fun starring a young Sarah Jessica Parker as the heroine and Jerry Orbach as her disapproving father.

EDIT: Only Sarah dances in the movie, not Mr. Orbach. :)

Bob Spears

Stunt Coordinator
So, my best friend is going to be attending an "80s night" next week, and her boyfriend suggested renting a few 80s movies to see if they can pick up some dance moves. She asked if I had any suggestions, but beyond mentioning "Footloose" (which is probably too elaborately choreographed to be helpful), "Just One of the Guys" and "Back to School", I'm drawing a blank. So I was hoping you guys might suggest a few more films. Availability on VHS or DVD is a must, but beyond that, anything goes.

Thanks in advance

Actually I think Footloose would be a great choice. The dance sequence at the end of the movie was, I believe, unchoreographed. It is actors dancing not dancers acting. I thought that I read somewhere that the filmmakers went out of their way to get the actors to just dance the way they normally would and not to get too many choreographers involved. It sure looked that way to me and that is why I enjoyed that sequence so much. It looks like real people dancing. Take another look and see if you agree.

bob

Esten

Supporting Actor
White Nights with Gregory Hines.

Doubt if you'll be able to pick any of those moves up without alot of practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks