What's new

80's Action-Adventure TV Shows on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Will_C

Second Unit
Real Name
Will
I can just barely remember Bring 'Em Back Alive, but I remember that my dad and I enjoyed watching that together. Here's my wish list of shows not currently on dvd: Blue Thunder, Street Hawk, Misfits of Science, The Powers of Matthew Star, Riptide, Beauty and the Beast, Fall Guy, Stingray, Friday the 13th the Series, Werewolf and the previously mentioned Bring 'Em Back Alive. I know they're others that I'm forgetting. But alot of my favorite '80s shows are making their way to dvd, especially Airwolf and Hunter. Also A-Team, Knight Rider, Magnum, Miami Vice and Wiseguy. There are some good '70s tv shows as well that need to come out. 6MDM, BW and Rockford have been mentioned for release in R2, hopefully they'll be out in R1 soon. I'd also love to have the live action Spiderman, Hulk (full season sets, not best of), Isis and Shazam.

LizH

Second Unit

BT really could've done without Dick Butkus and Bubba Smith (IMO, they were more annoying than funny. :rolleyes:)

It was a treat to watch a pre-SNL Dana Carvey do a drama. :)

Katherine_K

Second Unit
Scarecrow and Mrs. King was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid and it has been on my DVD wish list for a long time.

JeffO

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else think this is one of the great untapped dvd categories that has been underrepresented so far? I think most of the adult market is old enough to remember this era, at least from their youth. The A-Team, Magnum PI, MacGuyver and Knight Rider all seem to have sold very well, and I think Hunter and Miami Vice are doing well too. I can't imagine that more shows from this era couldn't turn a major profit. Produce the shows with no extras and sell them for $34.99, and the studios will rake in the profits.

Offhand, I would definitely buy all the seasons of Scarecrow and Mrs. King, TJ Hooker, Fall Guy, and Riptide.

I would love to know how well the first package of TJ Hooker sold, as that would be a great barometer of some of these slightly second tier series could do. Too bad the studio overpriced TJ Hooker by about $10.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I'd buy all those short lived shows and Fall Guy would probably sell the best of those not out yet, better than some out. Scarecrow & Mrs King would be nice to see again.

Ed_City

Agent
Any fans of FOX's WEREWOLF and THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER?!

They were late 80s, but still had the goodness factor.

But my most wanted are still SIMON & SIMON and THE FALL GUY.

Albert_M

Supporting Actor
Wow, it is great to see that I wasn't the only one who was around the age of 10 when Gold Monkey aired that remembers it and would love a chance to buy it. I really think that this should would do well. If fans remember it like they seem to be and tv adventure enthusiasts get wind of its release... sounds like a winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks