800.com to be rolled into Circuit City.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This morning I got an email (addressed to their past customers) from 800.com's CEO, and it basically stated that they were getting rolled into Circuit City. I'm sure more reports will show up later in the day.
    ----------
    On behalf of all of us at 800.com, I'd like to thank you for your loyalty over the past four years. I'm pleased to
    announce that we will be transferring the 800.com Web site address and our customer database to Circuit City as part
    of an agreement between 800.com and Circuit City. To visit CircuitCity.com, click here.
    As a result of the transfer, any customer information transferred to Circuit City will be governed by Circuit City's privacy policy. To read Circuit City's privacy policy, click here. Rest assured that Circuit City will continue to safeguard your privacy. As a member of Verisign's program, Circuit City is certified for the highest level of security. As with 800.com's privacy policy, Circuit City's policy provides you the ability to opt-out of receiving certain non-transactional e-mails regarding new products or special offers from Circuit City or its marketing partners. To opt-out of receiving these non-transactional e-mails now, you may send an e-mail directly to "[email protected]".
    We're confident that Circuit City will be able to continue our reputation for award-winning customer service while
    providing the broadest selection of brand-name consumer electronics and the convenience of in-store pick-up or
    home delivery.
    In fact, CircuitCity.com offers a combination of benefits you won't find anywhere else:
    * In-depth articles on the latest technologies
    * Side-by-side product comparisons
    * Unbiased customer reviews
    * Over 250,000 movies, music titles, and games, even the hard-to-find stuff
    Once again, we at 800.com are grateful to have served you over the past four years with our extensive selection of
    home entertainment products and outstanding customer service.
    Greg Drew
    President, CEO and Founder
    800.com
    Copyright 2002, 800.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Thanks for posting this! I'm a past customer but didn't get an email. Guess I didn't buy enough to be worth it. [​IMG]
    M.

3. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis
    Yeah I got one too. Since CC has stores in CA I will be charged sales tax now, so in the future NO SALE to me. 800.com went from a sales-tax-free venue to a sales-tax-in-most-states situation, so I wonder what CC got for their money?

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

There was a time when 800.com got most of my business, but after being unable to fulfill some of my orders, raising their prices, and doing away with coupons, I have gone elsewhere. It was fun while it lasted, but there is no way I will be supporting Circuit City.

6. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

Other than that the Dow went up 260 some points yesterday, I notice that Amazon stock has climbed steadily in the past month. Should have bought when they were at 6 bucks last year.Seems strange that as millions of people more go online each month, and there are fewer HT etailers to choose from each month, that Amazon looks to do well in the future; and we stand to lose for the lack of competition. Sigh...

7. Daniel L

Daniel L Stunt Coordinator

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

CC has been scaling down their media dept big time. I'm betting they wanted the shipping and recieving, as they want people to go to their web site