What's new

800 Balas or other films by Álex de la Iglesia (1 Viewer)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
It seems as though there is little information on Spanish films on this forum. There's as much information about Asian DVDs as US DVDs in other forums, and most other people seem to focus on England releases or French releases. However, I'd like to know if there are any places you can get Spanish DVDs? English subtitles would be a near necessity. In particular I'm looking for the films of Álex de la Iglesia, anything from Accion Mutante to 800 Balas. Especially 800 Balas.

Thanks,

Adam

Al Stuart

Stunt Coordinator
I have The Day of the Beast, the Spanish R2 disc, which is my favorite of Iglesias' films (I've also seen Accion Mutante and Perdita Duranga, otherwise known as Dance of the Devil) and I got it off of ebay for about $14. It pops up every month or so and there doesn't seem to be much demand for it. It is in widescreen and has a great 5.1 track, as well as a commentary in Spanish only, and I found the subtitles to be accurate. Regarding whether ot not it is anamorphic, well I posted this message on another board.

It doesn't list itself as anamorphic but when I changed it to 16 x 9 mode, the disc properly formatted itself. However, the letterboxing then proceeded to cover up the subtitles. This did not happen in the 4 x 3 mode.

Anthony Thorne

Supporting Actor
Pretty much all of Alex de la Iglesia's movies are available on DVD. Most of them are Spanish discs and have subtitles. Check out the DVDGo site listed above and surf around it for the titles you're after - you should see them linked. A couple of the other etailers mentioned above have also carried those discs.

Hendrik

Supporting Actor
...try this site... click on "Advanced Search", then, under "Director", fill out "iglesia" and - voilá: you'll find all of this Director's movies currently available (or no longer available) on Spanish DVDs... (Note: All but "Acción mutante" feature optional English subtitles - btw: 800 BALAS is not (yet) available on (Spanish) DVD)

. . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.