What's new

8 Simple Rules hiatus schedule and Ed O'neill? (1 Viewer)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
ABC has announced the schedule during the hiatus of 8 Simple Rules.

Oct 14- Repeat of "Come and Knock on Our Door" the Three's Company "dream sequence" episode

Oct 21- Rerun of "According to Jim"

Oct 28- "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown"

leading into an hour-long episode on either Nov. 4 or Nov. 11 (depending on when it is taped).

And the latest rumor floating around:
The New York Post reports that Ed O'Neill (Al Bundy) is being considered to play Katey Sagal's brother on the show, as a replacement to the father, John Ritter.

That is one rumor I would love to see come true, just as long as his character is not like Al, it needs a different approach to comedy, but O'Neill can pull it off.

Chris

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
One of the entertainment news TV shows (either ET or Extra), said that Ed O'Neill was just going to be appearing as a guest star. While I doubt it would happen, I'd be thrilled to see him show up with Christina Applegate and David Faustino playing his kids.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Has the retooled 'Dragnet' even aired, let alone had a chance to be cancelled which would free O'Neill up to take on a new role?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, it had its second episode last night. Still pretty solid, and I think ABC will give it a couple months at least.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Oct 14- Repeat of "Come and Knock on Our Door" the Three's Company "dream sequence" episode
How ironic that the funniest episode of Ritter's new show was a spoof of his old one. They were planning a sequel for this season before Ritter passed away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks