What's new

8 simple rules 11/11/2003 (1 Viewer)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Thoughts on tonight's 8 simple rules?

I got a few laughs out of the show tonight, and it was a good follow up to last weeks episode. The laugh track made its return this week, I'll definitely keep watching as I was already a fan of the show.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Wonderful episode. Very believable how the family is continuing to deal with the grief in different ways. Bridget looked phenominal in that dress, and when she wanted so much for her Dad to stop her from going out in it, I almost cried, too...

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
A smart way to go now would be to throw the bulk of the comedy to Martin Spanjers, who has good comedic timing - and always stole the show for me (no offense to the late, great Mr. Ritter). Kyle, however, is a comedic black hole. Bridget did look hot in that dress. ;)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I thought they weren't going to use a studio audience, but I couldn't tell if it was a laugh track, or if they filmed it like the last episode, but recording the laughs of the crew working on the show behind the scenes.

A very touching episode, and the believeability continues. It is truthful - everyone handles the mourning in their own way. My eyes were moist this week. And I loved the doorbell gag. ;) Simple, yet effective.

I agree about Martin Spanjers's comedic timing. Spot on. I love the interactions between him and James Garner, plus the interactions between Garner and Katey Sagal.

Oh, and the end credits sequence just proves that Kyle really is a bad dancer. :p

Eric F

Screenwriter
Terrible. I don't want touching. This was a light comedy, now it's a dramedy. I don't find it funny at all.

I don't see it making it into next season.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am just hoping that watchful eyes of Emmy are watching this show.

Katey is finally being able to show what I knew that she could do all along and that is act. Though it is horrible what has happened to these people, I believe it really is bringing out there best work.

Plus...she is so much more worthy of Emmy's attention than any of the dim-witted chicks from "Friends" or that "I want to bitch about everyone else in Hollywood" Patricia Heaton.

I really do believe that once the series gets out of this period and into the reconstruction of the family unit, that many more laughts are going to ensue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks