8 Simple Rule for....whatever.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn C, Sep 25, 2002.

1. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

Ok, so I've given this show two chances now. It's awful. I mean, it's really bad. So, basically, the whole show is is how mean his kids can be to him, but dad always comes through in the end to save them no matter what.

It's very tiring listening to them beat up on their dad for 20 minutes at a time.

And what's up with Katy Segal only getting like 5 minutes of screen time each episode and not really being involved in ANYTHING that goes on?

2. Jason Adams

Jason Adams Supporting Actor

Roger Jason Adams
    And have you noticed that John Ritter's voice is unusually squeaky? All and all, this is going to bomb. I'm going to give up on network television soon...well except for Wednesdays on Fox. [​IMG]

3. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I haven't watched it, but I'd say the title of the show really limits them in what they can do... why give the show that title?

Also, is anyone else really tired of the "overprotective dad" stereotype in comedies? It's almost creepy, if you ask me.

/Mike

4. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

5. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Hmmm..., I only saw the last episode (shoplifting one) but I didn't think it was half as bad as what you all thought. I would watch it again.

6. Andrew_Sch

Andrew_Sch Cinematographer

I bet most people are watching it because the blonde daughter is H-O-T, at least from what i've seen on the commercials.

7. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

My wife and I have found it to be pretty good. And I will have to agree: If some little shit comes to pick up my little girl for a date and stays outside blowing the horn me and him will be exchanging some words.
    [​IMG]

8. Chuck L

Chuck L Screenwriter

Katey is worth more than what this show is giving her...so far. Hopefully that will change. She is the only reason why I am watching the show.

9. Shawn C

Shawn C Screenwriter

I think the show *could* work, but it needs to be toned down some. Like MikeS said, the overprotective dad and the ungrateful children thing is just too much.

What's the reason for all the negativity towards the dad? Is it just the fact that he's a 'square' or something? Do all teenage daughters act like this?

I much prefer "My Wife and Kids" to this show. I do think that John Ritter needs to have a new T.V. show, but this is just not it.

10. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

11. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i tuned in for the first episode, but i probably won't watch again, for all the reasons mentioned above.

12. Scott Leopold

Scott Leopold Supporting Actor

After reading some of these reviews, I'm thinking I must be picking up a different program during this time slot. I personally think the show is great, and consider it something to look forward to. There's very little network TV I make a point of watching, but this is one I'm making a point of being home for. I would like to see more of Katey Segal, but it's only been 2 episodes so far, so I'm giving her time.

13. Christopher P

Christopher P Supporting Actor

Yeah the commercial with the daughter going with the Lita from the WWE thong look made the show look interesting, and it's always good to see John Ritter in whatever capacity, too bad this show doesn't deliver. Find something else for the man though.

Chris

14. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

This is a good show and I like it. I hope it will last. John Ritter has always been good in comedies. The one daughter is H-O-T!

15. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

16. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit