What's new

Press Release 8 Pixar Films come to 4K UHD September 10, 2019 (1 Viewer)

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
why not? being completely in the digital domain the only reason the 4k wouldn't benefit is if they dont increase the polygon count and optimize for 4k.

but even an increased from a fully digital output to 4k would be beneficial.

I'm not seeing a need.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
any point in getting these if they aren't dolby vision but just HDR10+ upscaled 2k?

The Little Mermaid & Lion King 4K both had Atmos remixes so I would assume these will too, if that's important to you, but I can't find any stats on the actual sound formats.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
why not? being completely in the digital domain the only reason the 4k wouldn't benefit is if they dont increase the polygon count and optimize for 4k.

but even an increased from a fully digital output to 4k would be beneficial.

Blu-rays run fine via 4k players outputting 4k

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Again, I'm at a loss where to place this information though it falls a bit more into decently probabe rumor than news. An AUS site ( ezydvd ) which has been more than reasonably accurate in the past has listed several preorders for first week March 2020 including

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/coming.zml

A Bug's Life 4K
Monsters, Inc 4K
Monsters University 4K
Wall-E 4K
Up 4K

Beauty and the Beast 4K -- 1992 and 2017
The Jungle Book 4K -- 2016

Frozen II 4K

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Again, I'm at a loss where to place this information though it falls a bit more into decently probably rumor than news. An AUS site ( ezydvd ) which has been more than reasonably accurate in the past has listed several preorders for first week March 2020 including

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/coming.zml

A Bug's Life 4K
Monsters, Inc 4K
Monsters University 4K
Wall-E 4K
Up 4K

Beauty and the Beast 4K -- 1992 and 2017
The Jungle Book 4K -- 2016

Frozen II 4K
Some of those titles are 4K on the Disney+ so I’m not surprise they’re coming out on 4K disc.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't know that the "IF" part was in question on most of them, but this is the first indication of when.
Hooked onto the coattails of Frozen II fits the 4K dump in September with Aladdin+Aladdin.

I know there were some questions of when the rest of the Pixars would come out. Initially some hope for December died a while back, but
this certainly fits. I think the basically should complete the 4K Pixar and Marvel and most of the post TLM Tier A releases

I guess that leaves a bunch of the post Aladdin Disney Animated Films and a couple remakes like Pete's Dragon without a 4K.

When Mulan Live comes out, it will be interesting to see if they take the time to add Mulan, Pocahontas, Hercules, Hunchback, Tarzan Era items to the 4K list. Then the question always goes back to the pre-Renaissance Animated films - IF and WHEN

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I kinda doubted the IF after Disney+ debuted. There was a crap ton of product released around the launch date. I figured the rest of the Pixar's would come since the first group is already out there. But anything else?

Beauty and the Beast (both versions) is kind of a no brainer. Frozen II, sure. Probably some more tie-in's like Mulan.

Don't get me wrong: I'd love for the entire catalog to be on my 4k shelf. And I'd buy every last one of them...OG Pete's Dragon, Bedknobs and Broomsticks...but I won't hold my breath.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
From The Digital Bits:

Bill Hunt said:
Finally today, lots of you have been waiting on word of the final batch of Pixar 4K films from Walt Disney Studios. Sources now suggest that they’re lining up to street day and date with Disney’s Frozen 2 on Blu-ray and 4K. That street date looks to be 2/11/2020 (or close to it). So that’s likely when you can expect A Bug’s Life, Up, WALL-E, Monsters, Inc., and Monsters University on physical 4K, which will complete the Pixar catalog on Ultra HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks