What's new

8 more Bob Hope films coming on 10/8. (1 Viewer)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Universal is releasing 4 more Bob Hope double features on 10/8 for $24.95 each:

Caught In The Draft/ Give Me A Sailor
Louisiana Purchase/ Never Say Die
Monsieur Beaucaire/ Where There's Life
Sorrowful Jones/ The Paleface

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I'm wondering if "The Paleface" is a typo error, as it is already in release.

Hopefully it might be "Son of Paleface"
This title is in public domain.
All previous video releases of it have come from poor quality duped prints, so a nice transfer by Universal from Studio sources would be more than welcome.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Son Of Paleface is not in public domain but the rights are held by Pearson Television. The recent Brentwood release of the two Bob Hope collections in fact are all under license from Pearson televsion and include Hope titles like Paris Holiday, Seven Little Foys, How To Commit Marriage, Private Navy Of Sgt. O'Farrell as well as Son Of Paleface.
Far from looking like a poor quality dupe, Son Of Paleface looks clean, sharp and in vibrant Technicolor. Check it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised.
Still, I wonder why re-issue The Paleface when one of Hope's funniest, The Cat And The Canary has yet to make it DVD.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
I'm confused too. (Ditto on Paleface). I'd like two of those, but of course, they're in different sets. Don't they normally release them separately first?

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks