8 channel direct input

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by sheldon-VIC, Nov 3, 2003.

1. sheldon-VIC

sheldon-VIC Extra

hey all,
    i was wondering if someone could explain what 6 and 8 channel direct input means. i just bought the H/K 330 and don't understand what it means.
    i also have another question, would it be a better idea to plug my s-video into the reciver (from my starchoice,405) and run component out to my TV. or just straight s-video to my tv.

thx in advance
    VIC [​IMG]

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

6-channel inputs are probably pre-ins for 5.1. 8 channel is probably for 7.1.

3. RyanSoares

RyanSoares Stunt Coordinator

what eva video cable you run into your reciever you should run the same cable out to your tv.... your not gonna get any better picture quality if you do it your way.. you might get any picture at all?, if S vid goes in to reciever, you gota use the S vid "monitor out" and same for composite(yellow vid cable) and component

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Some players have analog outputs, and some formats such as SACD and DVD-A can only be output via mutli-channel analog. Chris is correct about what the inputs are for.

If you aren't using the receiver to switch other devices, and you have plenty of inputs on your TV, there's no good reason to loop the video through the receiver.

5. sheldon-VIC

sheldon-VIC Extra

thx for the info, it helped

VIC