What's new

7th Heaven Season 3! (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
can't say I'm a fan at all, but I'm very happy to see Paramount actually go back to a show that seemed abandoned

AdamKing

Auditioning
Real Name
Adam Linder
I personally LOVE 7th Heaven! I have been an avid fan over the past 10 years, and I am gladly welcoming its return into the DVD business. I just really hope that Paramount continues putting the family on the spine. And space issues aside, theyve already started with 6 thinpaks, I would hate the inconsistency if they switched to 3 double-sided thinpaks like the rest. I HATE INCONSISTENCY!!! Packaging influences my decisions on DVD purchases 99% of the time. Dont screw it up!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but I can't see them doing 6 single cases for this, especially when they've switched over so many other shows (MacGyver, Charmed).

Gord

Dillon*G

Second Unit
I had already come to terms with never finishing the series. I am so excited this is being released.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Adam! I'm soooooooo happy that 7th Heaven is being given another chance. I hope that they continue the series, in nice packaging, as they started with the first two sets, in the 6 thinpak cases. Here in Australia, they did that for Desperate Housewives and Lost.
-James

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH. yes finally season 3 but don't hold your breath on more seasons.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, I know. I think that they'll test the waters again, but then they won't release more, because of crap sales. Sorry to be negative.
-James

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I find it odd how 7th has been WB's #1 series for 8 or 9 years yet one of it's only flops on DVD (well, this and Everwood). Smallville, Buffy, Angel, Charmed, Roswell, Gilmore Girls, Felicity, One Tree Hill, etc.... (I also bet that Supernatural will do very well on DVD) have all been huge successes on DVD, with all of those except Charmed (which had a late start due to rights and a TNT contract) either completed or at least caught up to the most recent season.

Yet at the same time, 7th was a show so big on WB that even after cancelling it AFTER TEN SEASONS, they still gave it a last minute reprieve even after a series finale had aired for it. But despite that, they're just getting up to season 3 on DVD with people weery that it won't sell and that season 4+ won't happen.

I got my copy of this set yesterday. Although the packaging is OK, it still looks weird next my previous seasons. It's the size of regular DVD: It's actually packaged in a regular-sized amaray, with some small inserts that's able to hold 4 discs without using hardly any space at all. The other 2 discs are on each side of the amaray case.

Looks like A/V quality is on par with the earlier seasons.

cameronRJ

Auditioning
Real Name
Cameron
Can someone post some photos of the dvd set? I want to see how the discs are held inside the case.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I wonder: if the show hadn't been picked up at the Eleventh Hour (no pun intended), would we have seen season 3 on dvd? When the show finally does get cancelled, does that mean the end of the dvds. I have a theory why the dvd doesn't sell: it's because no one really likes 7th Heaven. I think it's the show that well-meaning families force their children to watch, and that those same children wouldn't be caught dead having the dvd in their homes. That's my theory.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, it probably wouldn't have gotten onto it's 3rd season, if it hadn't been picked up for an eleventh season. I hope that more people buy these, so that later seasons can surface to DVD. I didn't really get into it til the twins came along.
-James

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks