What's new

775 vs 55es SACD players (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Matthew, I have seen these clamps in CD players in the past. For example, I have been under the hood of my Ah! Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CD player a few times, and there is a clamp that holds the disc in place. However, clamps in single-disc players never seem to make the thunk sound that the Sony SACD changers make. Furthermore, other changers I have used don't make this sound. It seems to be a Sony thing. Maybe the clamp Sony uses is heavier ro drops with a greater force. I don't know. As I said, the Sony CDP-CA80ES CD changer I once owned was noticeably quieter than the Sony SACD changers.

Matthew Anker

Stunt Coordinator
Single disc players use a smooth motion that drops the clamp as the disc slides into position. The Sony changers just give you a faster motion with a louder clunk.

Mike Loiterman

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone care to comment on the myserious "woodpecker" or "Thumping noise mad by various discs in the 555?

This seems like a quality control problem, or possibly a problem with the design, but in any event caused me to upgrade my 555 to the 777. The 555 was otherwise was a nice player.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I think you've heard my thoughts on the pecking sound with the 'C555ES. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks